Top Investment firm in Cape Town is committed to meaningful transformation and, in accordance with their Employment Equity requirements, seeks to appoint a black deputy CFO to work closely with their current CFO and oversee the full financial function.
Duties & Responsibilities
Operational Financial Management & Reporting
Input into the planning and daily organization of financial activities including business planning, policy setting and financial forecasting.
Responsible for ensuring the implementation of an effective financial operating model and controls of the group, including sound balance sheet management and cost control
Oversee the financial operations of the group and the preparation of the financial statements
Overseeing the budgeting and capital processes. Oversee and review preparation of and reporting on budgets and holding departmental heads accountable to projected budgets.
Cost control ensuring required cost controls are implemented and adhered to across the group
Monitor cash flow, accounts and other financial transactions including maintaining financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
Interpret financial information and provide updates and information as needed
Maintain, implement and monitor financial and accounting policies and procedures including team ensuring compliance with respect to global financial practices and seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
Implement high level of internal and external reporting standards, including statutory and regulatory reporting
Management of group tax affairs, including appropriate implementation of tax regulations and interaction with respective regulatory bodies
Governance, Company Secretarial and Transformation
Ensure that an environment of appropriate corporate governance prevails across the company and understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
Responsible for monitoring and reporting on transformation initiatives and goals from an internal and external perspective, including driving enterprise development, supplier development and preferential procurement initiatives
Overseeing and assisting the company secretarial function and providing input where required
Monitor all legislation and regulations relevant to the organization, including ensuring that the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
Ensure excellent and relevant communication is maintained with shareholders, analysts, regulators and board of directors
Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and auditors.
Lead, direct and effectively manage the performance of the team (finance, company secretarial, transformation and remuneration).
1. Min of 10 years in senior financial management in financial services or asset management
2. At least 5 years’ experience in leading a finance team
3. Experience in engaging with stakeholders including regulators, shareholders, investment community and board of directors
CA (SA) essential
Competencies & Personality Attributes
1. Exceptional communication skills
2. Build relationships : establish and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally to ensure organizational goals are achieved
3. Leadership : demonstrate sound leadership including the ability to set deliverables, motivate and inspire team to achieve deliverables
4. Behave ethically : act with the highest levels of integrity combined with commitment to good governance
5. Foster Teamwork : work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and get involved in the details.
6. Demonstrate ability to effectively handle high levels of pressure at times while maintaining critical decision making skills
7. Detail orientated and can demonstrate a hands-on approach
8. Above average analytical ability