Job Summary : Conducts inspections on aircraft part subassemblies and assemblies to ensure compliance with specifications and airworthiness criteria.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications and Requirements : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned task satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and / or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
2. Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment required.
3. Minimum of four (4) year previous experience working as a quality inspector on aircraft assemblies.
4. Ability to apply basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
5. Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with management and co-workers; listen to others without interrupting and get clarification when needed.
6. Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering specifications.
7. Proficient knowledge of and be able to operate the software and equipment used in the department. Software includes but is not limited to Microsoft Word.
Computer skills must include ability to type and manage files.
8. Ability to safely and properly use calipers and other tools and equipment.
9. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds with assistance.
10. Must be able to wear proper PPE including face shield, cut protection, and apron.
11. Ability to identify proper materials and supplies according to specifications.
12. Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
13. Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
14. Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted.
15. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.