As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Our Business Analysts play a vital role in the successful delivery of solutions to our clients and act as liaisons across a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external. Our Business Analysts do this by way of their deep understanding of the FinTech industry coupled with exceptional system, technology, analysis and communication skills. Business Analysts collaborate with clients to understand their business problem, analyze their current business processes, understand the clients’ success criteria, translate that into requirements, and assist in the design to deliver the best implementation to meet the clients’ goals.
Perform the following responsibilities at with limited oversight:
- Responsible for the systematic and methodical investigation, analysis, and documentation across one or more business areas, mapping functions, processes, and data
- Lead business requirement gathering sessions. Independently able to analysis and document client needs, assumptions, constraints, and requirements.
- Advise consultant implementation team members to ensure proper translation of specifications into solutions for the client.
- Document advanced acceptance tests and test scenarios. Assist with testing so that the solution meets the required level of quality
- Attend weekly feedback sessions (with both clients and teams), providing feedback on tasks completed and on work that is scheduled.
- Preparation of user guides, training and related documentation.
- Responsible for impact analysis to identify all affected interfaces by new solutions or change to existing solutions.
- Acts as a bridge between the client and the internal stakeholders
- With an understanding of the client business domain, assist with proposals for new solutions and changes to existing solutions.
- Use the Confluence solutions, tools and processes to meet the requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate product competency and domain knowledge to implement best practices.
- Collaborate with team members and external stakeholders/partners to ensure work priorities and stakeholder deliverables are scoped, met or escalated.
- Flexible work hours to support 24/7 client coverage. (some positions may require a different working pattern)
- Always communicate with stakeholders/partners in a competent and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Perform the following skills at an intermediate level:
- Proficient problem-solving capabilities and ability to apply these to Confluence data driven investment management solutions.
- Detail oriented, organized and capable of independently managing assigned workload and time.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks as well as work with management and the wider team to load-balance work and priorities.
- Self-starter, independent learner with the ability to share knowledge and train others.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Key contributor to the team, working both collaboratively and autonomously as required.
- Effective communicator with the ability to chair calls, advise others and present content to various stakeholders/partners and clients.
- Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
Certifications and FinTech Knowledge
2 years Industry experience, or:
Proficient (as required):
- Excel Skills
- Financial market knowledge / asset management /investment fundamentals
- Fintech knowledge
- Business analysis
- Other Skills as required
- Relevant Confluence Solutions (or industry solution knowledge) with working knowledge of data management, functionality and operational workflow
- Excel and other office suite products
- Understanding of underlying business/market area i.e. risk & compliance, performance, data and financial/regulatory reporting
- Understanding the underlying data model used by the primary solution/s
Education and Minimum Experience
Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
Powered by JazzHR