As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
The Montreal office is the market data hub for the global company. The Equity, Index & Operations team is responsible for the quality and daily assessments of equity type securities, mutual funds, exchange rates and indices as well as the customer service for our North American client base.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Data Automation Analyst who can hit the ground running and help us standardize our quality assurance processes across our agile teams globally. This is an exciting new role with many opportunities to work with financial data and new technologies. This person will be working with different internal teams to remedy bottlenecks and inefficiencies wherever in need.
- Diagnose issues, challenges, needs and problems to determine target outcomes.
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management to establish business needs. Be able to verbalize and communicate to wide range of stakeholders.
- Creative mindset to identify multiple solutions to a problem, outline the pros and cons, and make a recommendation.
- Ability to quickly automate tasks (and/or potentially longer term solutions) and build reusable components across multiple use cases and teams.
- Actively help develop, implement and update policies, practices and standards.
- 1-4 years of applicable work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of relational database and SQL querying.
- Strong knowledge of Excel (formulas, VBA and integrations with databases).
- Ability to code/script in Python or other languages definitely an asset.
- Creative and analytical thinker who is very autonomous and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates a high aptitude in time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- A desire and aptitude for working in finance (performance measurement) with a good base understanding of financial markets and products.
- Fast learner who is dedicated to continuously improving their skills and expertise.
- Agile development knowledge (scrum).
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence ticketing system.
- Experience with business intelligence visualization tools like Powerbi, Tableau, etc.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities
Powered by JazzHR