The Robotics Process Automation Senior Developer is responsible for designing and coding the automation process components. The RPA Senior developer develops the automation design to ensure it meets the specifications. The design must handle concurrency, scalability, restart and recovery, auditing & object reuse for all the automations that are designed and developed. The senor developer will also validate the automation by performing appropriate unit testing, and ensure configuration control is maintained at all times. The senior developer mentors junior developers and performs QC checks on code components developed by them.
DUTIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
Responsibilities include, but may not be restricted to:
· Design technical specifications for RPA that meets the requirements and handled all the non functional requirements of concurrency, scalability, security requirements, restart and recovery.
· Develops and configures automation processes as per the technical design document to meet the defined requirements. Works on the coding the more complicated automations or reusable components, and delegates and mentors junior developers for the less complex components.
· Develops new processes/tasks/objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
· Complies with and helps to enforce design and coding standards, policies and procedures.
· Ensures documentation is well maintained.
· Ensures quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing.
· Works collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs with quality.
· Reports status, issues and risks to tech leads on a regular basis
· Improves skills in automation products by completing automation certification.
· Mentors junior developers and performs code reviews for quality control.
- Bachelor university degree in Engineering/Computer Science.
· 5- 8 years of IT experience and having good understanding of programming concepts. Should be from a programming background on any coding language (.Net, Java).
· Working experience in RPA for a minimum of 2 years and having project experience of a minimum 3 RPA implementations.
· Understands development methodology and lifecycle
· Should be trained on RPA tools (Blue Prism/Automation Anywhere).
· Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
· Well organized, good communication and reporting skills.
· Prior experience in UI automation, other forms of automation is an added advantage.
- Certification in Robotics