Amazing Grace Private School is looking for a Junior School Bursar, to support the Finance Officer with the financial management of the school.
In a first stage this is a 6 months assignment, that may be extended or become permanent later on.
Amazing Grace Private School is part of the Enko Education network. Enko Education is a fast-growing group of African international schools, offering international primary and secondary curricula to provide young talented Africans with the opportunity to gain admission to the very best universities in the world.
Since the opening of its first school in Yaoundé in September 2014, Enko Education has established an African group of 13 international schools in 9 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. More than 3,000 students from primary to secondary benefit from international education and individualized counselling in their applications to the world's best universities.
The Enko Education model has already yielded outstanding results with graduates currently enrolled in some of the most prestigious universities worldwide such as Yale College in the USA, Sciences Po and Ecole Polytechnique in France and the University of Toronto in Canada.
We are financially supported by international development institutions and funds including Proparco, I&P, BIO Invest, Oiko Credit and Liquid Africa, and we aim to raise 11m USD in 2020 for our Series B, in order to reach 60 schools and 20,000 students by 2026.
Main tasks will be:
- Credit Control - invoicing of monthly school fee statements, credit control reports, debtor’s management, Journals, receipt information, audit preparation, calculation of exemptions, liaise with debt collectors, payments, spreadsheets, monthly finance meetings.
- Banking - download bank statements daily, receipts, bank recon, liaise with bank, manage investment accounts, prepare loading of EFT payments.
- Finances - assist with: manage the school’s finances, manage budget, prepare annual budget, prepare monthly Finance Meetings, creditors recon and payments, ensure timeous payments to creditors, assist with annual audit, manage petty cash, benefits
The ideal candidate:
- Is honest and reliable
- Is fluent in written and spoken English
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance/Audit related fields
- Has at least 2 years of work experience in Accounting/Audit related fields
- Has knowledge of tax laws and financial regulations in South Africa
- Masters Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and accounting software
- Is organized and has a high attention to detail
- Is objective-driven and able to work autonomously under minimal supervision
- Is confident to interact with parents; able to handle pressure with composure
- Shares our excitement and understand the challenges of offering affordable international education in Africa.
The applicant must be legally authorized to work in South Africa. Knowing about South Africa's education landscape is a plus.
Powered by JazzHR