1. PURPOSE OF POSITION 1. Maintain, develop and control the SQL Server and access thereto, for customised reporting using SSRS, SQL queries, SQL views and stored procedures.
2. Assist with the control, maintenance and development of the NSS shopping portal and customer service portal. 3. Assist with the Companies IT Policies and Procedures.
4. To develop and enhance the Companies workflow and business processes in line with the Companies policy and procedures.
5. Attend to internal customer software systems queries and complaints. 6. Assist with ensuring the mission critical software systems are operational 24 / 7, with the appropriate back-ups.
This includes, but is not limited to; Syspro WMS Laserfiche Access control system ACT 2. ACCOUNTABILITIES System Administration 1.
Administer, control and maintain the Companies primary software systems including but not limited to : Syspro ERP System WMS Datascope Warehouse Management Laserfische Electronic Document Management Microsoft SQL Server 2.
Consistent, regular software releases and updates to the most recent release of software with the primary software vendors including but not limited to : Replicating the migration processes and procedures in a virtual server test environment.
Thoroughly testing the update in the virtual environment, thereby minimizing to an absolute minimum any errors that may arise in the live migrations.
3. Assist the IT Technician with attending to and resolving any issues / problems / updates relating to IT assets software including but not limited to the following : Server Operating Systems Desktop Operating Systems Microsoft Office Mail Server Electronic Document Storage System Attend to internal customer complaints, queries and projects.
Backups and Remote Disaster Recovery 1.Control, maintain and develop the Companys local and remote backups to ensure that NSS Fasteners can at all times restore all primary software and related data.
IT Policy and Processes 1. Maintain, develop and implement the Company IT Policies and Procedures. 2. Ensure all software projects and customised functionality is correctly documented according to ISO 9001.
3. Maintain develop and control IT software requests. 4. Maintain, develop and control the nocturnal / overnight process.
IT Diploma or any other relevant IT formal qualification Knowledge of Programming Languages Has an understanding of Business Objects Knowledge of Microsoft SQL / Oracle SQL Have knowledge of the following systems : Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Office Integration Microsoft Visual Basic SQL Service Management EDMS (Electronic Document Management System) (Laserfiche) Syspro WMS Datascope (Warehouse Management System)