What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Leads the Service / Business Area through driving and implementation of strategy, revenue generation and business growth
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc)
- B.Com Informatics / B.Com Honours IT /Informatics / Bachelor of Business Science
- B.Com Accounting with Honours / BSc IT
- Attainment of other professional qualifications in addition to CISA e.g. CRISC, CGEIT. CISM, PASA, Prince2, +relevant CPE; Successful completion of LADC and other relevant management and winning business programmes (e.g. business chemistry, high impact leadership)
- Minimum 12 years working experience of which 10 years in a client service role and essential requirement is that of at least 7 years in a senior management role in a relevant industry/role
- Significant experience and expertise in relevant areas of focus.
- Ability to generate new business;
- Demonstrate a consistent history of making sales;
- Build and lead specific BA solution;
- Able to cross sell both RA and the wider firms services.
- Experience and exposure to some large, global strategic and group clients.
- Plays a pivotal role in coordinating and overseeing the delivery to these clients.
· Delivering on challenging audit engagements across the insurance industry
· Sustain Profitability
· Proactively contribute to the business strategies of the firm in all aspects
· Talent Management
· Risk and quality Management
· Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
· Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
· Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Technical and Professional Capabilities
· Stakeholder Focus: Leverages a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high quality engagements
· Become experts in risk assessments and audit responses: Takes an independent view and contributes heavily in developing and challenging the risk assessment and controls testing strategy and designing appropriate audit responses for risks
· Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work: Collaborates effectively across Deloitte functions to deliver a seamless audit that is responsive to stakeholder needs
· Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology: Provides appropriate guidance to the audit team in relation to the application of tools, guidance and methodology in delivering the audit
· Manage project plans to optimize engagements: Proactively manages the project plan through efficient use of resources and tracking delivery of assigned tasks, guiding team members’ prioritization
· Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs: Uses judgement and consults appropriately when dealing with complex matters, applying an appropriate level of professional skepticism
· Apply Ethical and Professional Standards: Understands their business security, ethical and compliance responsibilities, displaying best practice and actively encouraging appropriate behaviours of engagement teams
Key Performance areas
· Strategic Impact: Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
· Budgets / Profitability: Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
· Development/Growth of Team: Shares expertise and knowledge with team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.