Cape Town - To grow Retail sales year-on-year in line with budget and forecasted consumer demands. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Retail Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a retail business strategy that drives sales and maximises net profit.
Key to this will be the delivery of exceptional operational standards across digital and physical store formats and ensuring that the Company maximises opportunities afforded through their innovative product ranges and customer-led business practices This newly created position will act as the face of Retail managing all Customer communications and oversee all daily operations.
Formal Qualification Required : Degree or diploma in marketing, business, retail, merchandising or similar field. Experience Required : Functional : 5+ years of relevant experience managing and growing retail sales Industry : Retail preferably within Fresh food / FMCG
2 Manage all day-to-day operations of both the e-commerce store and the Hout Bay store 3. Manage all contact with customers both face-to-face instore and online, 4.
Providing a personalised customer service experience of the highest level 5. Review online orders for special requests and overall product demand.
6. Identify and optimise promotional opportunities to drive Customer sales & loyalty, ensuring these are coordinated with wider Company initiatives.
7. Fulfill online and brick-and-mortar orders to complete delivery or process returns. 8. Define the product strategy and roadmap through collaborating with the Managing Director.
9. Deliver MRDs (Market Requirements Document) and PRDs (Product Requirements Document) with prioritised features and corresponding justification.
10. Be an expert with respect to the competition. 11. Brief press, advertising agency and other experts to fulfil the communication and development of new products.
12. Take leadership of the Retail brand within the organisational structure. 13. Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
14. Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities. 15. Develop sales tools and promotional activities to increase overall revenue and meet targets.
DIRECT & INDIRECT REPORTS Direct Reports :