What would this persons typical DUTIES be? 1. Work with sales and manufacturing to find new raw materials and / or alternate raw materials to meet customer needs;
2. Maintain raw material database within MRP system for accuracy of pricing and specifications; 3. Maintain and follow purchasing procedures to conform to ISO standards.
This includes thorough analysis of potential suppliers and annual review of existing suppliers reviewing costs, quality, delivery and other pertinent factors;
4. Responsible for establishing and maintaining clear and effective purchasing policies and procedures; 5. Generate purchase orders into Syspro via MRP and guide buyers on MRP demand.
6. Ensure that goods and services are acquired and delivered on time in full; 7. Identify alternative suppliers to fill present and future needs;
8. Expedite orders placed to ensure timely deliveries; 9. Minimize the cost of products and services which meet our needs, and establish strong vendor relationships;
10. Develop a procurement culture and maintaining solid relationships across the organization to identify opportunities to improve purchasing power, reduce costs, and increase service levels;
11. Provide strong project management leadership to change and improve procurement of products and services; 12. Manage the procurement process through analyzing procurement activity, identifying opportunities for national and regional vendor relationships, prepare business cases for the opportunities;
13. Negotiate payment terms and service levels; 14. Monitor procurement processes and to conduct long-range planning necessary for contract cheduling;
15. Contract procedures and drafting detailed specifications. What is the required COMPUTER literacy level : - SYSPRO Procurement MRP system experience Minimum EXPERIENCE required for the position : - Coming from Manufacturing environment (Appliances is a bonus) - 3 5 years supervising buyers experience - 3 5 years supervisor experience;
3 - 5 years experience in MR