Main duties and responsibilities :
1. Review, analyse and identify test requirements based on the functional specifications from technical documentation (Business / Development briefs, Use Case Diagrams, Architectures and / or Integration Documents) and ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
2. Working with the Business Analysis & Product teams to understand the requirements and prepare a comprehensive array of test cases, executing these tests and documenting results.
Failed tests will require the management of resolution to ensure full resolution prior to project implementation.
3. Forms of testing will include Functional, Integration and Regression Testing.
4. Proactively raise questions and seek resolution of outstanding clarifications required for testing.
5. Create, document and maintain test scripts, test plans, test cases and test procedures around new and existing business requirements and technical specifications in an orderly and easily accessible manner.
6. Hold and facilitate test plan / case reviews with Testing, Business Solutions, & Product teams.
7. Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
8. Perform regression and ad-hoc testing of system components potentially affected by system changes.
9. Actively participate in daily Scrum and project planning meetings.
10. Working together with Business Analysts and Product owners to ensure that testing needs for all supported projects are met in a timely manner and that all deliverables meet the quality levels set by Business.
11. Communicate (in written and verbal form) with Product owners and Project team to ensure all Testing Objectives and deliverables are managed, tracked and delivered to customer expectations with highest quality standards, within required timelines.
12. Provide Management with metrics, analysis, and other relevant reports regarding the quality of testing.
13. Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate immediately to Management if not resolved within timeous manner.
14. Create and maintain constant communication and healthy working relationships between project test resources to deliver on the requirements.
15. Apply relevant test methods and techniques
Ideal experience :
1. The preferable candidate will have had exposure to a Unit Trust Management Company, Linked Investment Service Provider (LISP) and / or asset management environment with the ability to liaise with Subject Matter Expert relating to deliverables within this environment.
2. Experience as a tester in a similar environment with proven positive results would be preferable.
Competencies and ideal personality attributes :
1. Strong technical testing abilities
2. Excellent communication skills, (written and verbal)
3. Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
4. Strong analytical skills & attention to detail.
5. Ability to make decisions and be accountable for decisions and actions.
6. Effective planning and organisation skills.
7. Flexible and adaptable in the face of changing priorities with ability to cope well under pressure.
8. Results driven.
9. Problem solving ability.
10. Client focused with ability to build and maintain client relationships
11. Proactive and able to use initiative
Systems knowledge :
1. Strong competency in MS Office Suite, including SharePoint and Visio.
2. Knowledge of SQL query writing and SSRS.
3. Knowledge of Oracle FlexCube and SalesLogix will be advantageous.
Please apply via our website : http : / / pps.cloudrecruit.io / # /