Duties included but are not limited to :
1. plan, source, develop, introduce, and maintain local and export parts to achieve a commercially competitive advantage.
2. The identification and development of local and import parts in order to meet sales requirements.
3. Establish benchmark pricing and perform value analysis to ensure competitiveness.
4. Conduct quotes and sourcing activities via various purchasing systems and prepare and present recommendations for managerial decision-making purposes.
5. Seek and develop new supply sources, nationally and internationally.
6. Negotiate supplier price adjustments.
7. Negotiate and maintain commercial contracts with suppliers.
8. Perform capacity planning to ensure accurate stock levels.
9. Incorporate engineering changes or quality improvements
10. Identify local sources of supply for potential export to customers.
11. Correct identification, naming and numbering protocols of parts
12. Supplier queries and quality claims
13. Create and maintain a parts database of specifications, standards and compliance