Accounts Payable Manager
1. Control invoices a. Supervise the receiving and verification of invoices and all relevant documentation required to process payments for creditors.
b. Ensure that all payments are valid.
2. Process statements and invoices a. Oversee the forwarding of transfer proofs, cheques and receipts to suppliers. b. Ensure that supplier’s files are maintained and updated with all relevant details.
c. Ensure that a current and accurate filing system is maintained for the creditor’s function.
3. Control payments a. Ensure that payments have been authorised according to the required financial procedures and supported by relevant documentation b.
Ensure that accurate and timeous payments are made to suppliers according to the relevant financial Procedures c. Review month end aging ensuring all final adjustments have been accurately processed.
4. Control allocations a. Monitor allocations and check for accuracy
5. Creditors reconciliations a. Reconcile creditor’s accounts are performed monthly. b. Ensure that all expense accruals are complete and all accounts payable are reconciled on a monthly basis c.
Ensure that all queries from suppliers are attended to. d. Report any anomalies e. Purchase Forward cover for all Foreign Payments f.
Ensure Foreign payments are allocated correctly as per currency purchased g. Ensure all creditors invoices are posted to the correct shipping files h.
Process WIP journals from Branches to balance files as per instructions received
6. Supplier Management a. Manage the BBBEE procurement information b. Manage supplier due diligence process, including managing the preferred supplier listing.
Measurement against being compliant in terms of the company procurement policy c. Steer all creditor related projects
7. Reporting a. Perform monthly / ad-hoc reports as required by management.
9. Internal customers and external supplier relationships a. Manage customer relationships and customer service by building and maintaining strong key customer relationships at all levels
10. Leadership a. Manage and develop performance and talent of the team in line with company’s Integrated Employee Value philosophy, coach and mentor employees with the aim of transferring knowledge and developing people.
b. Drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Relevant degree (BComm or Diploma) + 3 - 5 years experience dealing with large volumes of processing.
Sound knowledge of Accounts processing, financial reporting, Corporate Governance, Financial Systems (BAAN,Sage & HFM)
Supervisory experience essential