PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To plan and track routes through the use of market leading planning and route adherence software. To update Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and produce various reports in regard to routing and adherence. To assist in strategic optimization including fleet mix, service day, master route optimization and network modelling exercises.
The position will include one or multiple of the following duties:
- Manage one or multiple Distribution Planners at allocated managed service sites.
- Provide leave cover in the event of the DP`s being unable to complete duties due to training, exams, leave and sick leave.
- Complete strategic exercises relating to Fleet mix, Service Day assignments and other strategic and tactical modelling for internal and external sites. Provide consulting services for the Company's external clients on and ad-hoc basis.
- Assist with the implementation of new software and service contracts
- To review the health of the software system/s on all managed service sites.
- To review KPIs on all managed service sites on a regular basis.
- To manage benefits on various sites through the effective use and maintenance of KPIs.
- To ensure that all projects are completed within the set time frame (strategic work SDA, Fleet Mix, Site Assessments on new and existing sites).
- To proactively identify opportunities for cost saving exercises.
- Monthly and ad hoc meetings with clients.
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed on site on time and in a professional manner.
- Distribution planning software and best practice.
- Clear and definite communication ability with regards to both clients & employees. (Verbal and Written)
- A clear understanding of optimal route planning
- A clear understanding of Excel, Word
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time. (Project Consultant)
- People management
- Ability to manage various individuals in a result orientated environment.
- 1-2 years distribution/logistics experience.
- Qualification in Logistics, Transport or Industrial engineering.
- 1-2 years experience in a management or supervisor environment. Some sort of management qualification.
- 1-2 years experience in distribution planning software Roadshow, Opsi, Ortec, Roadnet, CAST or similar