Job Summary :
Responsible for the support of new and existing products in the Telecoms Business sectors and related market(s). Works closely with field sales, customer service, manufacturing and engineering departments to assure product strategies are executed.
This position requires complete knowledge of the Telecoms and or Data Systems industry especially knowledge of fiber networks and datacenters.
Essential Functions :
1. Support Market / Product Managers in the development of marketing and product plans.
2. Support Market / Product Managers with new product launch process; includes developing collateral materials, coordinating field trials, facilitating customer standardization, coordinating sales training.
3. Develop key customer relationships.
4. Service requirements of the customer base assigned to the rep, including preparation of offers, quotations, tenders and support interface with the factory.
5. Analyze competitive products.
6. Initiate Engineering Change Requests.
7. Identify cost reductions / profit improvement opportunities.
8. Stay abreast of latest product technologies and innovations.
9. Support and resolve customer complaints.
10. Initiate modifications to existing products to meet changing requirements.
11. Participate in and coordinate field activities (inspections, product installations, customer training etc.)
12. Assist sales correspondence in developing product recommendations for RFQs.
Qualifications and Requirements
o Sales and Marketing or Telecoms related technical equivalent qualification at NQF level 5.
Required Experience :
o 3-5 years previous product management or application engineering experience preferably in the Telecoms markets, broadband of fibre networks services or 10 years of related experience in lieu of education.
Computer Skills :
o Ability and experience in the use of Microsoft suite of software
o Working knowledge of Syspro would be an advantage