This position focuses on institutionalization of Community Engaged scholarship at UNCG via activities, programs, and structures that support scholar’s CE identity and work.
It oversees the operations of the office when the Director is not available.
Doctorate degree (Ph.D., Ed.D) or a Master’s and 3 years of experience in the area of Community Engagement.
Knowledge of higher education systems, culture, policies and procedures with 3 years experience in a higher education setting.
Experience in oversight of data management; knowledge of research processes and software.
Additional Required Certifications, Licensures, and Certificates Preferred Qualifications
1. Extensive knowledge of and experience with community engagement programming in the areas of community-engaged research, community-engaged teaching, and community-engaged outreach / service;
2. Strong supervisory, communication and facilitation skills;
3. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage detailed work;
4. Ability to write technical reports and grant proposals;
5. Ability to lead evaluation and other assessment efforts to improve the quality and effectiveness of internal grants and programs;
6. Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders and constituency groups including administrators, faculty, students, university staff, community partners, and other external constituents;
7. Excellent writing skills and ability to adapt writing and communication approaches to different audiences and constituents.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application :
List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes :
Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with Experience Org #-Department Community Engagement - 11518 Job Open Date 09 / 25 / 2020 For Best Consideration Date Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes FTE 1.
000 Type of Appointment Permanent If time-limited, please specify end date for appointment. Number of Months per Year 12 FLSA Exempt