The key focus of the new role would be to manage Chubb SA’s Corporate and Affinity A&H business consisting of broker intermediated corporate and commercial and affinity A&H business in South Africa.
The role requires an experienced underwriting manager to take responsibility for growth, underwriting and the P&L.
The role requires a high degree of technical underwriting proficiency and a proven underwriting track record with specific A&H underwriting experience a distinct advantage.
The incumbent would be required to manage the sourcing and underwriting of a profitable new and renewal business through broker relationships, management and development.
The role also requires direct management of the underwriting team and indirect management of the operations team. This includes management of A&H Corporate Underwriter (direct report) as well as indirect oversight of the fast-
track underwriting process and A&H operations residing within the operations team.
The candidate would be expected to ensure that we offer quality product and service levels and disciplined approach to underwriting.
They would be expected to adhere to Chubb’s underwriting best practices and compliance standards.
The role is also responsible for the accurate tracking, managing and reporting key financial metrics including, estimates, forecasts, planning and regional reporting.
The role is based in Johannesburg, reporting to the Country President, with underwriting referral into the Regional Underwriting Manager and further matrix reporting into the Regional Director Accident & Health Development.
The role also requires interaction with various individuals within the European / E&A Regional Corporate A&H structure.
1. Management and responsibility of the SA Corporate and Affinity A&H P&L including production, loss, acquisition and combined ratios and underwriting result, measured against Plan and forecast.
2. Drive growth of the portfolio and execute key strategic and marketing initiatives.
3. Manage, grow and service new and existing broker relationships.
4. Execute new business strategies and monitor submission, quote and bind metrics through service, visibility, broker relationships, pipeline management and good underwriting.
Ensure that the renewal process is efficient, renewal service standards are met and retention and underwriting strategies are executed.
Ensure tracking logs, processes and WorkView data are accurately and timeously completed to ensure accurate reporting and MI.
4. Ensure all accounts, either personally underwritten or any other Corporate or Affinity business under SA authority, are underwritten using agreed rating tools and methodologies, rationales are sensible and underwriting guidelines and authorities are adhered to and in-
line with underwriting best practices. Manage quality regional referral process for risks outside of local authority.
5. Management of direct underwriting report / s and operations team responsible for the fast-track underwriting process.
Indirectly support and manage the operations team ensuring servicing of Corporate business to required service standards, broker interaction / follow-
ups and closings are received and processed correctly and accurately. Collaborate with the claims and support structures associated with the role.
Support and manage Finance with ensuring credit control queries are dealt with.
6. Comply with all COG & Chubb compliance policies, and collaborate with legal and compliance to ensure that business is done in a legally compliant & an internally compliant manner.
7. Management of the weekly, monthly and quarterly financial forecasts for Corporate and Affinity A&H, ensuring accuracy and commentary on relevant changes and any other regular and ad-
hoc local and regional management reporting and calls.