Intermediate / Senior Software Engineer Apply for this job
Intermediate / Senior Software Engineer Jobnumber GDR02319 Contract Type Permanent Closing date 24-Dec-2019
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who wants to :
Implement new functionalities for the platform using microservices architecture with REST APIs, mostly implemented in Ruby or Go.
Implement features with a focus on user experience, reliability, performance, and monitoring.
Deploy your code to staging and production environment on a daily basis, ensuring the service is stable and working as intended.
Work on in-house tools. Some of the services are used for supporting company operations, like user administration console, source code inspection, or mass operations over multiple repositories.
Integrate with third party APIs (e.g. payment providers).
Cooperate with product managers and designers during the planning phase, participating in the architecture and design of new product features.
Below is a further breakdown of the Back End Developer profile.
1. Java Spring with development experience around REST services
2. Database Integration from Spring (preferably MongoDB and MsSQL)
3. Understanding around Design Considerations around High Availability Services with regards to :
Reliability (usage of message queues preferably RabbitMQ)
5. Ability to write Unit Tests using Junit and Mockito
6. Distributed Caching (preferably Redis)
7. Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment
8. Distributed logging (Graylog)
9. Source Control (GIT)
10. Knowledge on Microservices
11. Knowledge on Agile Scrum delivery
12. Someone who is passionate about technology and looking to learn new things
13. A good attitude and culture fit within the organization
Nice to Haves :
1. Envoy (or any knowledge on Reverse Proxies)
3. App Dynamics (for monitoring services)
4. JWT 5. Database Transaction Management