Situated 15kms from PMB, the successful candidate will be trained toward forming part of the Feedlot cattle management and health team who manage over 30 000 head and be an integral part of the 1000 ha general farming operations.
The desired applicant must have experience in, grown up in, or been educated in/towards such an environment.
The chosen applicant will be responsible for, inter alia,
Involvement in all levels of staff management
Knowledge of stockmanship
Supervising the feedlot cattle operations
Upkeep of the feedlot infrastructure
Assisting in the planning of budgets, costings, expenditure, etc.
Planning, implementation and completion of all company activities
The following skills will be required
• A tertiary education in the form of a B Agric. or a recognized Diploma in Animal Husbandry
• Min of 3 years’ experience in feedlotting or farming in a supervisory position
• Computer literate
• The ability to converse in isiZulu
• Oral and Written Communication
• Time Management
• Inventory Management
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Weekend duties are required, currently every 3rd weekend.
Rent free housing is provided, subject to perks tax as legislated, as remunerated after hours and weekend duties are a pre-requisite.
A competitive package will be offered based on previous experience and ability.