We are a leading provider of Big Data, predictive analytics & forward-looking insights. We help our clients deliver growth be it in FMCG, Healthcare, Retail or Media.
With the largest collection of purchase, media, social, casual and loyalty data available through an on demand cloud based technology platform, IRI works collaboratively with its clients around the world in their quest to remain relevant, capture market share and connect with consumers.
About the Team Operations
The operations team is integral to achieving high levels of customer satisfaction by ensuring there is flawless planning, proactive communication and client engagement Operations deliver services to both Manufacturer & Retail clients, ensuring the highest levels of quality, efficiency & cost control, whilst simultaneously ensuring that services continue to meet the requirements of the market place.
Working as part of the item coding team you will be responsible for analysing data from different sources, performing gap analyses and coding missing product attributes (e.
g. the weight of the product, the name of the manufacturer, etc.). These need to be recorded accurately and consistently in our data systems, for the various types of consumer goods and products found in South African supermarkets, wholesalers and convenience stores.
The majority of the work will be undertaken using Excel and in-house item coding tools. The work also involves the matching of both data values and text, so you will also need to demonstrate that you are both numerate and literate with a strong understanding of South Africa products and the local market.
Some research using the internet and other online and offline data sources is also required. You will therefore need to be resourceful and be able to work your way through a set of product items quickly and efficiently without detailed supervision This role will work on strategic data standardisation, classification and attribution projects and processes for reporting purposes
You will be required to :
1. Complete the OPS training programme and panel process within the first 3 months of employment if entering at this level
2. Actively seeks out client product performance in the market to keep relevant.
3. Establish strong internal cross-departmental relationships
4. Display a solid understanding of the business and our service offerings
5. Assists and helps the Data Release and CGD teams with troubleshooting where necessary
6. Attends training, business updates, knowledge shares and team events as and when required
7. Adheres to all relevant policies and procedures
8. Communicates issues and deadlines to Senior Coding Analyst as required
9. Able to work extra hours as and when required to ensure deadlines are met
10. Conduct at least 2 team knowledge shares a year
11. Oversee and guide new junior team members and assist in their orientation and on boarding.