“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
Scope of Position
The Distribution Operations Manager leads our Distribution Operations Program. Distribution at Expeditors is managing the wall to wall warehousing and the final mile deliveries to the end customers. Through the development of our Distribution team, the Distribution Operations Manager ensures a consistent and effective Distribution Operations Program inside every one of our global offices. The Distribution Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the growth and retention of the Distribution product and service within the districtas well as driving collaboration with the global network. The Distribution Operations Manager is responsible for recruiting and developing operational staff at both entry and senior level positions in addition to maintaining an on-going pipeline of candidates. The Distribution Operations Manager maintains the momentum and service consistency, which results in steady and ever-increasing customer satisfaction and financial results for the district and thecompany. This position reports to the Distribution Product Manager.
These are the three primary areas of focus for a Distribution Operations Manager. The minimum results
expected from a successful Distribution Operations Manager are presented below by area. In addition to
these, the Distribution Operations Manager will be required to take on additional assignments as required
to support company needs.
Lead the Distribution Operations
• Ensure that the operations works and meets all the KPIs set by the Customers and Expeditors
• Ensure constant process improvements are implemented and measured to improve on Customer
Satisfaction and efficiency of the operations
• Ensure we apply Lean principles and meet any additional program requirement such as Saphira
• Manage the inventory for all Customers within the multiple facilities and ensure the annual stock
takes are performed to a 99.99% accuracy level
• Ensure all billing to customer are as per the agreed scope and rates and are completed timely.
• Manage all third party suppliers to ensure we have the best price and services
Manage & Develop the Distribution Department
• Actively engage in transitioning all new business gained large opportunities with the operations team
• Secure sufficient distribution personnel to effectively engage the district’s customer base.
Continually recruit and interview to find new potential candidates.
• Assist in the creation and managing the Distribution Operations Department budget
• Facilitate daily/weekly operations meetings
• Review and coach operations team towards expectations
• Ensure that the team is prepared to successfully transition all new business
• Create and manage career development plans for operations team
• Conduct monthly one-on-one discussions.
To be the most effective in this position we are looking for the following skills and experience:
• Strong oral communication, written communication and analytical skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel , PowerPoint)
• Align with Expeditors’ 10 Culture Attributes
• 5 years of warehouse management experience working a team of 60 or more
• 3 years of experience managing lean principles
• Ability to perform and meet KPI requirements
• Contract negotiations experience
• Structured and organized
• Effective at delegating
• Charismatic with an ability to connect
• Ability to understand local market and key industries present in the local market
and personnel to enable achievement of organizational objectives.
sourcing, negotiation and human relations skills are required.
ability a plus.
is expected that Distribution Managers will conduct themselves, those they
lead, and the Company’s business in the highest standards and protect the
will strictly adhere to the Company’s mission statement.
have excellent work habits.
pass a background check, if applicable in state, region or geography.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.