2. Identify new, and prioritise existing key clients based on a set criteria (i.e. financial metrics, current and potential revenue and margin) and strategic factors.
3. Develop strong pipeline of good quality investments through proactive origination / business development and developing and employing sector / country knowledge.
4. Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses and facilitate the identification of opportunities to initiate viable projects.
5. Work closely with the project preparation team to facilitate project preparation, scoping, feasibility studies and business plans with the intention of closing investment deals.
6. Work closely with the Transactions team to take deals to bankability.7. Remediate and eliminate partnership obstacles and inefficiencies, have knowledge of all new products, structured products and services offered by competitors.
8. Develop an in-depth knowledge of the political landscape of regions / sectors / clients and partners serviced and leverage such insights / knowledge across other regions / sectors and clients.
9. Build relationships, networks and collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders and clients to position the companyas the go-to Bank for infrastructure development opportunities.
10. Continuously research and analyze the clients business context, operations and financial performance in search of new opportunities11.
Leverage, engage and collaborate with the Banks internal network to ensure that the entire Banks relevant expertiseis used to the optimum.
13. Compile and provide competitor analysis and understand the operating environment.14. Lead, initiate and develop new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of development impact projectsensuring deal flow and bankability.
15. Working closely with Financing Operations Division, initiate and develop new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of fee income generating projects.
16. Prepare and provide documentation / reports for EXCO and Board(s) decision making where applicable.17. Present at deal Committees where applicable as and when required.
3. Value of funds under management secured (Infrastructure Delivery business).4. NPL targets.5. Client service rating.*Minimum
3. Experience in securing infrastructure investment deals in relevant sectors / geographies in SA and / or Africa.4. Experience in leading, initiating and developing new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of development impact projects ensuring deal flow and bankability.
5. Experience in securing deals of appropriate size for sectors and geographies in question.6. Strong networks and relations with clients, global and regional private investors and banks in order to identify and source viable projects / investments.
9. Comprehensive knowledge of the complex financial and regulatory environments across Africa.10. In depth knowledge and understanding of infrastructure market, financial markets and the macro landscape.
11. Demonstrable experience in identifying client challenges and playing an active part in finding innovative solutions.12.
Experienced communicator and negotiator (expertise at senior level). 13. Strong negotiation skills with the ability to close deals.
14. Proven experience in working with Snr stakeholders in highly political environments in South Africa and the rest of Africa15.
Role requires flexibility to be deployed to other business units within Coverage division, if required*Desirable Requirements* 1.
A post-graduate qualification such as a CA, CFA or MBA Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted