Key Performance Areas:
• Lead the company efforts in developing world class maintenance systems driven by data, implementing professional project management and leading continuous improvement efforts.
• Initiate continuous improvement projects, outline the scope of work, vendor selection, review, implementation, and oversight of projects.
• Support production management teams to reduce downtime, improve efficiencies and machine reliability.
• Review, analyse and track maintenance measures and create action plans for continuous improvement and cost savings.
• Lead the implementation of energy efficient activities and reduction in natural resources.
• Develop annual capital projects list, with specification compliance, and implementation thereof.
• Coaching sub-ordinates for continuous improvement in areas of equipment reliability and problem diagnosis.
• Annual review of equipment vulnerability to obsolescence, and of plant infrastructure. Develop midterm and long-term plans to ensure adequate property, and plant maintenance plans and execution of projects, as well as business continuity of utilities.
• Identify requirements and parameters for each individual project and maintain timing and budget constraints.
• General maintenance of both factory and office blocks to keep up visual appearance as well as operational efficiency. Maintain building, grounds, plant equipment, and sanitation.
• Oversee the activities of the maintenance department to ensure timely completion of planned maintenance and capital projects.
• Manage critical spares for plant equipment to ensure business sustainability.
• Optimise plant equipment to improve safety, quality, reliability, and productivity whilst lowering costs.
• Ensure sub-contractors service levels and meeting expectations as well as adhering to company policy and procedures i.e., Office cleaning, factory cleaning, gardens/grounds, waste segregation and removal, bulk gas, external transporters.
• Effective management of Plant safety programmes (ISO 140001/ 45001), including safety checks and enforcing a safety culture, developing objectives and targets for safety and environmental management, facilitation of plant level engagements with OSHA reps, drive near miss programme, incident management, emergency response, incident investigation, and legal compliance.
• Tracking of utility costs and monitoring and controlling actual costs versus budgeted values.
Key Performance Areas: