Under the guidance of more senior Networking Engineers, the Network Engineer (L1) will provide a service to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating, and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore services to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions. The Network Engineer (L1) focuses on first-line support for standard and low complexity incidents and maintains the Networking environmental and monitoring equipment.
In this position you will be required to :
1. Monitor infrastructure remotely.
2. Ensure that the assigned infrastructure at the client is configured, installed, tested, and operational.
3. Investigate first-line support calls assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
4. Ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests.
5. Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
6. Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per Dimension Data procedures.
7. Perform the necessary handover procedures in cases where shift work is required.
8. Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and shortcomings.
Skills and knowledge :